Cool Down Your Hot Ride Using These Air Conditioning Tips
It’s hot in the summer in Beaumont, TX. That’s like telling you the sky is blue, we know. But, when it is hot, and you’re getting in your car, it’s going to be very hot. Cars that sit in the heat can get up to extreme temperatures, and you want to cool them down as quick as possible. You can do that through air conditioning, and by following our way of doing it efficiently, and quickly.
- You should check a few things regularly, and that includes the air conditioning suction vents, which are under the hood, and at the base of the windshield. Clean them out from any debris or anything that has piled up in there so you get the best flow
- Ensure your cabin filter is clean, and if you need a new one, we’re certainly here to help you get one inside your vehicle
- Check your coolant levels to make sure everything is in order, and only check when your vehicle is cold
- Use a reflective windshield screen when your vehicle is parked. This keeps out the sun and can keep the cabin a few degrees cooler, which is a plus
- When you start your vehicle, roll down all of the windows
- Turn on the air conditioning with the fresh air setting coming from the vents
- When you have the air blowing consistently, roll up the front windows and switch to the recirculated air, which will let the cool air coming out of the front vents going right back into the air conditioning, allowing it to cool more
- Shortly after rolling up the front windows, roll up the rest of the windows, and reduce blower speed to 50 percent or less, as your air conditioning will blow out colder air when less air is being pushed out
You can learn more, and see our vehicles in person at Mike Smith Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM. we’d be happy to answer any questions you might have, and arrange a test drive today, at your convenience.