Enhance Your Car Knowledge About Overheating Vehicles
When it comes to vehicle repair and maintenance, we here at Mike Smith Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM have you covered. But, we also want you to have some car knowledge too, and that’s why we use our blog to provide information on different car-related issues, and today, it’s about overheating. Nobody wants it to happen to their vehicle, but we all should know the causes, what to do, and how to prevent it.
How Do You Know Your Car is Overheating?
- The check engine light comes on
- The temperature gauge rises above the normal levels
- You have reduced power
- You smell a funny odor coming from your car
- You see steam coming from under the hood
What Causes Your Car to Overheat?
- You might have low coolant levels
- There might be a coolant leak
- You have a bad water pump in your vehicle
- There’s an issue with the thermostat
What Do You Do When Your Car Overheats?
- Make sure to pull over to a safe space on the road if you’re experiencing any of the signs of overheating and turn the engine and air conditioning off
- Open the hood to allow the engine to cool, but don’t touch it because it will be hot
- Contact our service center and schedule service for your vehicle
How Can I Prevent Overheating?
- Always make sure your coolant levels are topped off when necessary during auto service
- Check your hoses in your vehicle for leaks and cracks
You can learn more when you stop in to see us here in Beaumont, as our service team would be happy to set up an appointment today.