Learn About Wheel Balance and Alignments at Mike Smith Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM
When it comes to keeping your ride smooth and going in the right direction, wheel balance and alignments play an important role. It’s why at Mike Smith Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM we encourage all of those in Beaumont, TX to understand the difference, and know when it’s time for each of these important services on your vehicle.
What is a wheel balance?
- A wheel balance adjusts proper balance of the wheels
- When your wheels aren’t balanced it causes tread wear and the distribution of weight around the tire to change, which can lead to imbalance, causing the vehicle to shake or vibrate
- Wheel balance service uses a calibrated spin balancer, and will test it at moving and non-moving to make sure your wheels are balanced, if they are not, they are adjusted
- Most wheel balancing is recommended every 5,000 to 6,000 miles, or every six months
What is a wheel alignment?
- A wheel alignment will adjust the angle of your car’s wheels to the position that is set by the manufacturer’s recommended specification
- The inspection includes looking at the toe, chamber, and caster, which are the three components that measure wheel alignment. If adjustments are needed, they are made
- If you notice any pulling of the vehicle to one side or your vehicle has recently been in a collision, you should get a wheel alignment
- We also recommend a wheel alignment every 5,000 to 6,000 miles, especially if you drive through pot holes, gravel road, or in many different road conditions
You can learn more by stopping in to see us in our service center as our team would be happy to answer any questions you might have, along with setting up test drives today.